On February 13th at 5:55 PM, our anticipation was finally over as we got to meet our sweet baby girl. I remember this adorable squirmy little baby being placed on my chest and suddenly having a wide range of emotions hit me. Excitement, happiness, relief, fear, nerves....the list goes on. But I just took a deep breath and held this tiny being close, trying to process everything that was going on while memorizing these ever-so-fleeting moments. I remember Alex laughing through tears saying "She is here!! I can't believe it. She's perfect. She's definitely a Maya Quinn".
Fast-forward to today and she is almost 10 weeks old! People aren't joking when they say time flies when you have a kid.
These are some of my favourite memories thus far:
- When I wake up in the morning and take a peek at the bassinet, Maya greets me with the biggest gummy smile - melts my heart every time.
- She loves getting her diaper changed. She'll just stare at us and smile and kick her legs non-stop.
- She absolutely loves it when I read her some books. She coos and kicks her feet. Her favourite book is ROAR! (Alex always jokes that her love of dinosaurs probably came from me watching Jurassic Park quite a bit during my pregnancy).
- She makes the funniest grunting noises ever and does this especially when she is excited.
- She loves it when I put her in the stroller and go for a walk. She's a girl after my own heart. She has already been on a couple of hikes with us too.
- Her passport photo is the cutest and I can't wait to put it to some serious use!
- She is the most expressive eater ever! When she feeds, she'll make some funny faces, grunt, curl her toes, and smile. We've nicknamed her the gremlin for all the funny grunting she does.
- She was born 8 pounds 5 ounces and she is now 11 pounds 6 ounces and fitting into 3-6 month clothing!! This is kind of bittersweet - my little girl is growing up!
- She loves all the visits from grandma and grandpa!
- She is spoiled by her auntie! Lots of love, cuddles, and adorable outfits. I'm pretty sure Maya has more clothes than I do.
- She absolutely loves her baths as well.